I got 8 whole hours of sleep!! And felt friggin fantastic… until about 5:00 pm, but I'll get to that later ;) I had a 6-hour-straight day of painting (which, I promise you, can be mentally exhausting) and was charged for it. My model Phlaurel and I listened to a fascinating Radiolab podcast on (wait for it...) sleep! Definitely recommend it as an interesting listen. It also added to my mental arsenal of reasons-why-sleep-deprivation-is-a-bad-choice.
Which is a legitimate segment of the brain.
- 8:30--Bone Broth, Gut Elixir--Kombucha, Unmodified Potato Starch, Lewis Lab Brewer's Yeast
- 11:00-3:00--3/4 can coconut milk (yup. almost a whole can of the super high fat concentrated stuff that's supposed to be for cooking. It's the first time I had it and was not expecting that degree of glorious deliciousness) and 32ishhh oz. coffee. The coconut milk was intended to be for the coffee… but somehow it just kept disappearing right out of the can. Odd.
- 6:30--1 TBSP of ghee (or "clarified butter".) I had it in my car from stopping at the store earlier, and had just gotten out of yoga. There was some serious I-need-food-now going on and I am not ashamed to admit that I used a broken plastic fork at the bottom of my center console to retrieve the ghee. Desperate times. Then I got home and hammered a banana, a giant Minnesota carrot and 6 oz. of coconut water.
- 10:00--A big cup of Healthy Fast tea, a grapefruit (I got the whole peel off in one piece, JUST incase anyone was wondering ;) a bit of raw ginger, 1 tsp ghee, and about 20 drops of a milk thistle tincture.
- This is just a bullet point where I am going to acknowledge that today was a "fasting" day. As in, it definitely wasn't :P I still ate far less than usual, but I'm not sure I actually got the digestive rest that comes with intermittent fasting.
$9--Coconut Milk, Ghee, Grapefruit, Bananas
I say that word with fear and reverence. Last night's 4:30 yoga class probably the hardest I've had. Harder than the double I did a week and a half ago at the END of a fasting day (I did a 4:30 class and immediately a 6:30 class.) Last night was ridiculous. I had to sit out on a lot of the poses, and nearly felt like I was going to faint after the first backbend of the warmup series.
I've had a similar (though not as intense) experience before. The culprit is absolutely coffee. To drink that much coffee AND fast (kind of) before yoga is a poor choice that results in near-fainting experiences.
At least now I know for sure!