It happened. My body finally, irrefutably said "if you won't choose to sleep, you will comply by force." After ANOTHER 2:30 am night, I woke up at 8 like my alarm requested, and was met with a sore achy throat, stuffed nose, and general aching. Head cold. Grr.
I called school to let them know I was sick, and slept for another 2 hours. SO NECESSARY. It was a much needed day of doing absolutely nothing. I forget that those need to happen every once and a while.
- (12:00--Bikram Yoga--90 minutes in a hot steamy room sounded like heaven.)
- 2:00--Yam fries, chicken soup with extra bone broth, grapefruit, echinacea/goldenseal tincture, horseradish, pickle, raw ginger chopped w/ coconut vinegar
- 4:00--2.5 TBSP of tahini. Gone :) also, tea with dandelion root, licorice root, raspberry leaves, and red clover. A few more bites of ginger.
- 6:00--Ginger, plantains in coconut oil and coconut flour, and 2 eggs in ghee.
- 8:00--Tea, ginger, and garlic.
$23--Mostly from the echinacea tincture, but also the soup, yam fries, and grapefruit, and a bad case of "I'm too sick to care."
An intentionally relaxed Bikram Yoga class. Nothing feels better when I have a cold. :)